Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Gift of Forgiveness

I have been thinking about this lately. If I forgive my abuser does it mean he is off the hook from responsibility? I realized that he is an alcoholic and he is burying his feelings of guilt and shame with alcohol. My lack of forgiveness is hurting me more than it is him and I cannot hurt him because he is doing enough to hurt himself! I also realized that if I don't forgive, I will never have the life I so deserve, the life HE stole from me! I woke up this morning and for a moment thought that nobody can give me back the 30+ years of my life. I was angered and saddened by this grim reality only for a moment.

Someone posted a video on Facebook titled The Gift of Forgiveness that I would like to share with everybody.





I hope everybody finds this video inspiring and healing.

1 comment:

Patricia Singleton said...

This video is packed full of inspiring information on the process of forgiveness. Thanks for sharing it. Letting go of all of the anger and hurt that you carry around truly is a blessing to you. It doesn't mean that what happened to you was ok. It wasn't. It just allows you to take control of that part of you that the abuser damaged so that you can become free.